Physical Therapy Services
IMPROVE MOBILITY & FUNCTION
After an in depth and objective evaluation, realistic goals will be created with input from the patient and family or caregiver. Goals can range from ease of ambulation or wheelchair propulsion, decreasing pain, improving balance to decrease the risk of falls, posture improvement, and return to work, school, or leisure activities that are important to the patient. (but not limited to)
Our therapists are American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) members, thus treatment will be evidence based and will follow clinical practice guidelines for specific conditions.
- Ambulation or wheeled locomotion
- Transfer training
- Bed mobility
- Equipment evaluations to include but not limited to standing frames
- Orthotic training
- Utilization of recovery-based therapy approaches and/or compensatory based strategies, depending on an individuals goals and recovery.
- Fall Prevention
- Static (stationary) and dynamic (while moving) balance, sitting and/or standing
Strength and Range of Motion
- Activity-based therapy techniques to optimize neurological recovery
- Education on self-range of motion or passive range of motion from a caregiver
Vestibular Therapy Interventions
- Improve control of eye movements
- Balance exercises with head movements
- Exercises to treat a common cause of dizziness (Dix-Hallpike and Epley maneuvers)
Restorative Therapies’ Xcite2
- Functional electrical stimulation, or FES uses safe, low-current electrical pulses to activate paralyzed or deconditioned muscles for functional movement and is a proven therapy with a wide range of therapeutic indications.
- The Xcite2 Restorative Therapies’ system incorporates functional electrical stimulation with task specific or motor assistance/resistance activities to optimize therapeutic goals.
- Restorative Therapies systems have been cleared by the FDA to:
- Reduce muscle atrophy
- Reduce muscle spasms
- Improve local circulation
- Maintain or increase range of motion
- Facilitate muscle re-education
- Avoid secondary complications such as pressure sores and pneumonia.Regular use can also help you prevent re-hospitalization, improve your quality of life, and
- Xcite2 – iFES Systems (restorative-therapies.com)
REAL Systems Immersive Therapy
- REAL System is an advanced rehabilitation technology using virtual reality designed to empower patients with engaging therapeutic activities that offer endless possibilities.
REAL® System offers a variety of activities focusing on physical rehabilitation, cognition, and wellness. Activities Targeted treatment areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Upper Extremity strengthening, endurance, range of motion, mirror therapy options.
- Core and balance training.
- Attention, processing, memory, command response, reactive movement, decision making, and visuospatial awareness.
- Gaze stability training, cervical range of motion and proprioception, and Training of oculomotor and visual control.
- Activities of Daily living training.
- Distraction technique for pain and stress management, concentration, activity tolerance, and visual sensory perception.
- What is REAL System? – REAL System
- The VibePlate Mini is the first personal whole body vibration machine of its kind. The VibePlate Mini’s small and lightweight design is the perfect option for those looking to receive the benefits of whole body vibration inside their home.
- Compliments therapy treatment to:
- Perform functional movements
- Balance exercises
- Joint rehabilitation
BLAZEPOD is a smart light-based reflex training system that can bring an element of competition to therapy, offering a fun was to improve agility, balance, coordination, reaction time, strength, and more.
Used to sustain & improve range-of-motion in joints, muscle tone strength and general healthy lifestyle functionality.
Can be used with kids and adults with ADD/ADHD, Autism, dementia and other cognitive disabilities.
Blazepod App – Physical Therapy Exercises and Fast Recoveries – BlazePod
EasyStand Standing Frames
- EasyStand Glider
- EasyStand Evolv
There are many documented health benefits of standing including:
- Improve/maintain bone integrity/skeletal development
- Lessen/manage the progression of scoliosis
- Strengthen cardiovascular system and build endurance
- Improve Circulation
- Reduce Swelling
- Improve bowel function and regularity
- Aid in kidney and bladder functions
- Improve/maintain range of motion
- Management of atrophy in the trunk and lower extremities
- Manage pressure (ulcers) through changing positions
- Improve strength to trunk and lower extremities
- Decrease joint/muscle contractures
Northbound Health Therapy Services
Physical Therapy – innovative and specialized equipment for exercise prescription coordinated with education to improve mobility and function. Northbound Health Physical Therapy Services
Occupational Therapy - expertise and advocacy for complex rehabilitation technology needs to increase independence with mobility related activities of daily living. Northbound Health Occupational Therapy Services